Sunday, October 28, 2007

Hello to the family

I am sorry to hear of the devastating news that has come to your family. I did not want to reply right away to be honest I just didn't know what to say. Is God's grace sufficient for us, you bet it is.

I believe in it with all my heart. I did not want to answer you all and be flippant as Job's friends were to him as he lamented about the state of his life. I see they only worsened Job's pain and I want to support you in love and in encouragement and in prayer. You are an amazing family and I thank God that you have the connections to get your daughter the extra care.

I came across this verse in the book of Jeremiah as I was doing my devotions the other day and I felt led to send it to you.

Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord,
And whose hope is the Lord.
For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters,
Which spreads out its roots by the river,

And will not fear when the heat comes;
But it's leaf will be green,
And will not be anxious in the year of drought,
Nor will cease from yielding fruit."
(Jeremiah 17:7-8)

I do not have the answers as to why but I do know that our suffering is not in vain, and I look with the focus of eternity so as to notlose my hope. We will continue to uphold you and your family in prayer.

May His grace indeed be sufficient for you and may you allow yourselves to be weak. He alone has the power over life and death, He alone. Do not fear the heat, and let not your hearts be troubled or dismayed for the Lord our God is with you. He will uphold you with His righteous right hand,

All my love,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment