Sunday, October 15, 2017
Brian Hamilton pastor Falcon Lake All People's Church
After the death of the Lord's servant Moses, the Lord spoke to Moses' helper, Joshua son of Nun. He said, "My servant Moses is dead. Get ready now, you and all the people of Israel, and cross the Jordan River into the land that I am giving them. Be sure that the book of the Law is always read in your worship. Study it day and night, and make sure that you obey everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Remember that I have commanded you to be determined and confident! Do not be afraid or discouraged, for I, the Lord your God, am with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:1-2, 8-9 GNT
The disciples asked Jesus: When are you going to set up your kingdom? God called Israel to bless the nations. Go into all the world.. Jerusalem...
Joshua knew the mantle of leadership would fall on him.
How can I do this? God provides the resources. God reaffirmed Joshua. He was mourning the loss of his mentor.
Success would come from
1. The book of the law. Study it continually. At the command of the Lord, Moses wrote down the name of the place each time they set up camp.
Numbers 33:2 GNT
We obey. I try to write notes to my wife. She puts them in a book. It reminds her of love.
The law reminded Joshua of God's love and guidelines. The church is you be the church. It matters what God says
1. The Bible is the foundation. The heart of God. On his lips
2. Ponder God's word in your heart
3. Be careful to do everything in the book. Live in obedience. Do it all and the power of God will be released in your life. Growth Works book by John North
Remember God says the Power is mine. We will only make a difference when we rely on God's power.
We are nothing apart from Christ.
Joshua was a great leader because he relied on God.
Sunday, October 08, 2017
Song: Jesus Messiah Lord of all
You're a Good Good Father that's who you are
Delbert Enns pastor www.EasTview.org
We are here for a purpose. Apathy is a serious distraction in following Jesus. We are not told to be good parents. He asks to follow.
Jesus said to them, "Come, follow me! I will teach you how to catch people instead of fish."
Matthew 4:19 GW
Do likewise. Share the love. Not just to be good. "I'm giving you a new commandment: Love each other in the same way that I have loved you.
John 13:34 GW
I struggle to love people all the time even when I am disappointed in people. That decision has to be made every day.
When I go to the loveseat I need to be replenished with love.
Apathy. What happens when there is a cranky kid?
Feelings? Sympathy. Diplomatic. Factual. Apathetic. Other.
How do people react to adversity?
Most people are indifferent. Why? Laugh. AFV makes us laugh when others hurt. We are apathetic.
We can't feel the pain.
Don't be lazy in showing your devotion. Use your energy to serve the Lord.
Romans 12:11 GW
Don't be lazy in enthusiasm. Whose job is it to care?
I know what you have done, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were cold or hot. But since you are lukewarm and not hot or cold, I'm going to spit you out of my mouth.
Revelation 3:15-16 GW
That church had become apathetic. That makes God sick to his stomach. God is a loving Father and he won't do that. He is self giving. Self sacrificing. Personally focused. Ferociously in love with you and me.
The Israelites had to choose their best lamb.
"You say, 'Oh what a nuisance it is,' and you sniff at it in disgust," says the Lord of Armies. "You bring stolen, lame, and sick animals. When you bring such offerings, should I accept them from you?" asks the Lord . "Cheaters are under a curse. They have male animals in their flocks that they vow to give ⌊as a sacrifice⌋. But they sacrifice second-rate ones to the Lord instead. I am a great king," says the Lord of Armies. "Among the nations my name is respected.
Malachi 1:13-14 GW
God is holy. He is not impressed with second rate commitment. He has promised us peace. We are invited to love Him.
Do we give only left overs to our kids? Or are we apathetic?
Apathy makes God sick.
Give your best.
Jude Dear friends, use your most holy faith to grow. Pray with the Holy Spirit's help. Remain in God's love as you look for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to give you eternal life.
Jude 1:20-21 GW
Nurture your faith.
Apathy says it doesn't matter whether I come to church or get baptised.
I have fought the good fight. I have completed the race. I have kept the faith.
2 Timothy 4:7 GW
It's time to give up slothful apathy.
10,000 Reasons why I should do my best. Be done with apathy. Fall in love with Jesus. Bless the Lord O my soul.
Sunday, October 01, 2017
Adelia Wiebe saw a vision of perfect art made from shards of glass.
Delbert Enns www.EasTview.org
It is not fun to be confused.
What does that mean for you? Fear of losing control or emotion of anger.
How is your relationship going? OK? Confused? Not in control.
We trust our feelings too much. So many voices.
I want Clarity. Give my head a shake. I'm Confused.
What are your standards? Are you a Christ follower?
26 years ago 150 people decided that they wanted to be "Leading people to Christ and on to maturity in Him". If you don't understand that go to another church.
The 5 Gs
1. Grace - not just to be a good person to climb the ladder to God. What if I can't make it all the way to the top? Confusion. We have a God came down to us. That's Grace. That's hard to accept but we have accept it. So we can't boast. Is this clear to you?
My 10 year old sister asked us whether we had the certainty of God's forgiveness? I prayed that night to accept Jesus.
When you do that you become more gratuitous.
2. Growth. Walk in forgiveness. If you don't you'll miss out on the good things. I'm a doer and I want to climb the ladder by nature. I have to depend on the Holy Spirit. I had a recent God experience. I'm not a slave to God. I'm his son and He loves me.
Our Tuesday night concert of prayer.
3. Groups. Growing in community. Even with the ones we don't like in a church that needs fixing. Living in harmony and unity. The disciples were devoted to the teachings of the apostles, to fellowship, to the breaking of bread, and to prayer.
Acts 2:42 GW
We are the church as a group of people. Know and be known. Love. Serve.
Everyone needs to belong to s small group.
4. Gifts. Become part of the story. God in his kindness gave each of us different gifts. If your gift is speaking what God has revealed, make sure what you say agrees with the Christian faith. If your gift is serving, then devote yourself to serving. If it is teaching, devote yourself to teaching. If it is encouraging others, devote yourself to giving encouragement. If it is sharing, be generous. If it is leadership, lead enthusiastically. If it is helping people in need, help them cheerfully.
Romans 12:6-8 GW
Do you know God's gift to you? If not, talk to me. 80 people came out to a parents' lunch.
5. Good Stewardship. Zachaus needed reconciliation.
All I have comes from God. Joyfully. Give.
Have you accepted God's grace? Life Group? Are you using your Gifts? Give Joyfully.