Sunday, May 23, 2010

Living the Unpredictable Life: Catching the Wave

Dave Ens
www.Eastview.org
I used to have grandpa's old car And it served me well. Then I bought this nice red Grand Prix car and I began to serve the car.
The industrial revolution changed society. Community became less important and my stuff became important.
What is God's will for me. What is my purpose in life? What am I supposed to do with my stuff?
Solomon accumulated tons of stuff and he said it was all Vanity
Oz Guinness says we have too much stuff and not enough to live for.
God desires us to have a purpose. Phil 3:8 to know Christ
God, pour some purpose into my life.
1 Sam 13-14 King Saul is celebrating a victory and then the enemy returns with 10x as many people. They have only 2 swords in their army. They are waiting for the prophet Sam to show up. Jonathan says let's go and see if they will kill us. If not God will deliver us.
Jonathon acted on what he believed God wanted him to do.

Sometimes we wait for predictable results when we should be stepping out. Discern Gods will through action.
God's Spirit will GUIDE us. Open doors for us. If we are willing to step out into unpredictable life we begin to make a difference.
We need to make our ourselves step out. Do we believe in something bigger?
God is often saying - you have a sword. Go and do something.
Jonathon had someone to stand behind him. Who is God sending with you? God never sends us alone.
Are you willing to step outside of yourselves?
Oh Lord I bring an offering to you.
Take myself and I will be ever only all for you

No comments:

Post a Comment