Sunday, August 14, 2016

Victor Engbrecht

People's Church Falcon Lake special music by Victor Engbrecht

https://steinbachonline.com/mix-96-7-fm/victor-engbrecht-shares-his-cancer-story

4 grandchildren in 20 months.
When I consider the work of your fingers the sun and the Stars

1.
When I consider the work of Your fingers The sun and the stars, the land and the sea I start to wonder, Almighty Creator Just why You would ever take thought of me

Chorus:    For You have called me by name You are acquainted with all of my ways Bought  by Your blood, drawn by Your love I am Your dwelling place For You have called me Your friend Showing me favor, again and again I'm set apart, dear to Your heart You call me by name

All of creation was made for Your pleasure The sun and  the stars, the land and the sea But, by  Your grace,  You  have given  me favor With  You I will reign for eternity

2.
Precious Lord, take my hand,
Lead me on, let me stand,
I am tired, I am weak, I am worn;
Through the storm, through the night,
Lead me on to the light:

Refrain

Take my hand, precious Lord,
Lead me home.

When my way grows drear,
Precious Lord, linger near,
When my life is almost gone,
Hear my cry, hear my call,
Hold my hand lest I fall:

Refrain

When the darkness appears
And the night draws near,
And the day is past and gone,
At the river I stand,
Guide my feet, hold my hand:

Focus on the one who has redeemed us

I know that my Redeemer lives.

What comfort this sweet sentence gives!

3.
I know that my Redeemer liveth,
And on the earth again shall stand;
I know eternal life He giveth,
That grace and power are in His hand.

Refrain

I know, I know, that Jesus liveth,
And on the earth again shall stand;
I know, I know, that life He giveth,
That grace and power are in His hand.

I know His promise never faileth,
The Word He speaks, it cannot die;
Though cruel death my flesh assaileth,
Yet I shall see Him by and by.

Refrain

I know my mansion He prepareth,
That where He is there I may be;
O wondrous thought, for me He careth,
And He at last will come for me.

http://bible.com/116/exo.20.1-17.nlt
Then God gave the people all these instructions : "I am the lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt, the place of your slavery. "You must not testify falsely against your neighbor. "You must not covet your neighbor's house. You must not covet your neighbor's wife, male or female servant, ox or donkey, or anything else that belongs to your neighbor."

There is a company that delivers lies and alibis.
You must not give false testimony. That damages relationships. It is an assault.
There are references elsewhere. Colossians. 1 Peter 2.1 get rid of slander. God wants to protect his people.
Politicians now employ spin doctors. We tell white lies to deceive.
False testimony. Happens when we deflect blame and incriminate others to put ourselves in a better position. We all become masters of shifting blame. Accuse and excuse. Adam did that.
Isaiah says the human heart is desperately wicked.
We become unable to take correction. Blaming others kills your conscience.
Deception is what we do.
We think truth is relative. My truth or yours? But God says there is TRUTH. Airplanes are built to true spec. What if your doctor asked you what truth do you want to hear today? God wants us to be true because he is true to his Word. He is totally trustworthy. The Holy Spirit is to be our guide. David confessed his lack of truth in Psalm 51. Jesus said don't be angry. Don't lust.
False testimony is character assassination. Twisting truth. Slander. Gossip. Jesus calls it murder.
Proverbs decries gossip. Prayer concerns are often the worst kind of gossip. Brood of vipers.
Be kind and compassionate.
Think = true helpful inspiring necessary kind?
Change the heart if you want to clean up your mouth.

Victor

"Sing The Wondrous Love Of Jesus"

4.
Sing the wondrous love of Jesus,
Sing His mercy and His grace.
In the mansions bright and blessed
He'll prepare for us a place.

[Refrain]

When we all get to Heaven,
What a day of rejoicing that will be!
When we all see Jesus,
We'll sing and shout the victory!

While we walk the pilgrim pathway,
Clouds will overspread the sky;
But when traveling days are over,
Not a shadow, not a sigh.

[Refrain]

Let us then be true and faithful,
Trusting, serving every day;
Just one glimpse of Him in glory
Will the toils of life repay.

[Refrain]

Onward to the prize before us!
Soon His beauty we'll behold;
Soon the pearly gates will open;
We shall tread the streets of gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment