Sunday, September 18, 2016

Healthier Growth

What's the first thing you do in the morning? Look in the mirror?
What's the reflection you see?
1 Corinthians 13:12 For now we see indistinctly,  as in a mirror, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I will know fully, as I am fully known.
We do what we do because we do what we think.
Do we tell ourselves it sucks to be me. That's a broken mindset.
Jesus is a grace giver. He provides a growth mindset.
Romans 12:1-2
Therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, I urge you  to present your bodies as a living sacrifice,  holy and pleasing to God; this is your spiritual worship.   Do not be conformed  to this age,  but be transformed by the renewing of your mind,  so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will  of God.

What preceded this?
http://bible.com/72/rom.11.36.hcsb For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen.
Everything came from him and goes back to him.
We need his mercies every day. We are broken vessels and need transformation.

Stop blaming and ask for a growth mindset. Use a larger mirror to see what needs to be fixed.
Surrender your body to God.
Coffee addicts have tough withdrawal if they decide to quit.
You need the Holy Spirit to have a Growth Mindset.
If I say I am a child of God but.... then I'm not in Growth
If I say I am a child of God therefore... I can have a growth mindset.
Submit and believe. We are beautiful the way we are.
http://bible.com/72/rom.12.3.hcsb
For by the grace  given to me, I tell everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he should think.  Instead, think sensibly, as God has distributed a measure of faith to each one.
Warped mirrors give warped images. "I can do it myself" is a warped image. Narcissism. We are meant to work together.
We need one another.
http://bible.com/72/rom.12.6.hcsb
According to the grace given to us, we have different gifts: If prophecy, use it according to the standard of one's faith;... do it cheerily
The perfect mirror is the Word of God.
Oct 15 will teach a course on fruitful spiritual life.
GROWTH MINDSET. Pray for it. That will change you.

No comments:

Post a Comment