Friday, September 28, 2018
Dr. Tremper Longman III
The whole Bible is God's word to us.
Proverbs talks about wisdom. We think it teaches us how to navigate life. Emotional intelligence is more important than high IQ. READ the book of Proverbs. Ethical people are righteous. 1.3
To be wise you need the fear of the Lord at the beginning.
Why fear? Love?
This fear does not make you run. It is meant to make you humble in the sight of God the Creator.
Phil worship the Lord with fear and trembling.
Money and generosity.
We tend to cherry pick the proverbs for what we like.
1. God blesses the righteous wise with wealth
2. Foolish behavior leads to poverty. Best route defined not guaranteed
3. Wealth of fools is temporal
4. Sometimes people are poor because of injustice
5. Wisdom is better than wealth
6. Wealth has limited value.
7. Those who are wealthy must be generous. Ps 112.5 supports that. None of us here are poor. Many of us are fabulously wealthy.
Too much money is no good. Daily bread is all we need. Let me not be too rich or too poor.
Hoarding money is no good.
Give to www.Prov.ca Harvest Festival