Sunday, May 10, 2020
Bruxy Cavey - Heads Up!
Set your hearts on things above, where Christ is….
Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.
~ The Apostle Paul (Colossians 3:1-2)
This is not organized religion, but organized irreligion.
This is not achieving, but accessing what we have already been given.
The road less travelled… Matthew 7:13-14
Study Meditation Prayer need to be mixed. Get a study Bible or 2.
1. READ the passage, study to satisfy your intellect.
2. PRAY the passage, conversing with God, talking and listening.
3. MEDIATE on one sentence, phrase, or word.
Two Categories of Meditation:
• Apophatic ("the way of negation")
• Kataphatic ("the way of affirmation")
Read pray listen read pray listen becomes synergistic
The Holy Ghost highlighter will bring you back to what God wants you to meditate on.
Still. Here. Meditation.
1. POOR IN SPIRIT = "We admit that we are powerless" (AA Step 1) to enter the kingdom
2. MOURN = We receive and give comfort in the kingdom now
3. MEEK = Gentleness is God's road to world domination
4. RIGHTEOUSNESS = Firstly within us (personal/15:19), secondly around us (systemic)
5. MERCIFUL = We will be judged the way we judge (7:1-2)
6. PURE HEART = Sin and distraction will cloud our vision of God
7. PEACEMAKERS = We are most like God when we love our enemies (5:44-45)
8. PERSECUTED = The kingdom conquers by absorbing rather than reflecting hatred
TAKE OUT: Moving From the Curious to the Committed
For more on meditation, see the three-part blog series at Bruxy.com.
Thank you for this good news about your love for me and the life you have for me. I no longer want to run away from you, or ignore you, or live for any purpose other than you. I accept your life and your love for me as a gift, and I trust in Jesus to lead me forward. Thank you for being my friend. I'm excited to be yours.