Sunday, September 08, 2013

All People's Church

Pastor Brian Hamilton
Communion
Luke 22.7
John 17
I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one. I am in them and you are in me.
The essence of the Lord's table is unity.
Paul was scolding the early church for creating disunity. We need to be brought to complete unity.
Nova Scotia was as beautiful as ever. We felt belonging with the family. When parents die some people feel like orphans.
have always felt secure in his family. His Mom wrote a letter to Brian every week since he left home at age 18. Last week she gave it to him in person. (She's 81 now)
Mom provided a package of goodies every month. She kept reminding him of home and family.
God has placed eternity in our hearts. That's how God made us.
Jesus left us a message to celebrate the Lord's table. His message to us is that He loves us. Jesus prayed for our protection.
When you pick up your communion cup and bread think
How much Jesus loves you.
We are significant in Jesus's eyes.
We've created so many things to make us feel significant. When you participate this morning remember that Jesus was willing to sacrifice himself.
Mom was always concerned about him. Communion reminds us of God's presence.
Jesus said I'm leaving for your benefit. I'm sending the Holy Spirit to be with you all the time.
Jesus wants a close relationship. Rev 3 Jesus says I stand at your door and knock. Come near and eat with me. There is a safe place. The Lord's table is A care package from our home in heaven to remind us of his love. Remember Jesus today.
Celebrate God's presence today. Thank God Jesus forgave you.
This is my body BROKEN for you.
This cup is the new covenant.

No comments:

Post a Comment