Sunday, January 12, 2014

Hidden in Christ. Victorious

Dave Ens
Col 2
Live your life abounding in thankfulness. What are you thankful for?

In Christ. 2 short words that make a giant difference.
It's about losing myself in Christ.
Dating is: I like being with you. Marriage is I'm giving myself to you. I'm doing what you want me to do. Being in Christ is I'm relinquishing my rights.

Is Christ at the centre of your life? Colossians were under pressure to conform to the religious demands of the Jewish leaders.

Discontent is a big deal in our society. We "must have" all the stuff.

Jesus asks us about the simplicity of following him.

Jesus triumphed over everything.  He has won the victory.  He defeated the enemies on the cross.

The evil powers thought they had the victory when they hung Christ on the cross. But he rose from the grave.

Col 2 you were raised with Christ.  He erased the record against us.

Greed envy lust are not the real thing.  Christ is the REAL one.
Turn your eyes upon Jesus. Look full in his wonderful face.

No comments:

Post a Comment