Sunday, July 13, 2014

It is well with my soul

When peace like a river comes my way,  It is well with my soul
In Christ alone my hope is found I am his and he is mine
From life's first cry to final breath I am his. Till he calls me home.
http://www.stuarttownend.co.uk/song/in-christ-alone/

www.TheMeetinghouse.com
Ron Burkholder site leader

Bruxy Cavey @bruxy
#TMHWeBelieve
Soteriology Salvation Received

Salvation through the cross
Objective and Subjective
We respond differently. If we only believe and receive.
Wesley wrote his heart was warmed
Calvin had an intellectual conversion
Rom 8 the golden chain of redemption receive or one way love. Predestination versus foreknowledge and predestined to be glorified.
Eph 2 8-10 by grace through faith you have been saved.
We are God's handiwork to do the things he wants us to do.

God offers the gift of salvation. Options
We take his gift
We take his gift if he helps us
Grace enabled choice
We are dead God chooses some to life and leaves the majority to die. (Calvinism)

Justification to be declared not guilty. Just-as-if-I'd never sinned
Sanctification free from the power of sin
This is a delight
Glorified free from the presence of sin
To want to do what we should do
Stare into the grace of God and be filled with gratitude
Quietly stare into the grace. The trial is over. Are you sorry about how you abused your relationship with God?
Accept the you are accepted by God.
Thank you Father for your grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment