Tuesday, September 02, 2014

EFree Church Falcon Lake

Prayer by opening leader in Kansas:
We have ridiculed the time honoured values and called it enlightenment.

Pastor Brian Hamilton
www.MissionalPursuit.WordPress.com @afccanada

Music by Olympic champion Michelle Sawatsky and sisters: Jesus you are the one to make my day bright and guide my life.

Michelle and her dad: At the river of Jordan you are all alone. You'll leave it all behind. Friends can't help you then.

Michelle and her dad, nieces and nephews: Amen see him in the garden bearing all my sorrows Amen amen

Michelle and youngest sister: Remember me. In a Bible cracked and faded in the years. When the cover of the sunset fills the sky. When the children leave the Sunday school. Child of wonder. Child of God.

Message:
Pray for our nation's leaders. Blessed are the peace makers. Jenna and her husband are going to Jordan. Pray for Christians everywhere.
We stand in awe of God's greatness.
We pray for freedom to proclaim the gospel.

Jonah's journey. The next chapter.
The world's worst missionary.
Jonah 2:17 The whale swallowed him. Snatched from the jaws of death. What swallowed Jonah? Big Fish.
Jonah thought he was geographical God. He thought he could run from God. But the hound of heaven chased him. Sperm whale feeds on giant squid. James Bartley survived being swallowed by a whale. If God wanted a special fish to protect Jonah, that's no problem. When Jonah woke up he dealt with the underlying issues. The belly of the fish is not a great place to live but a great place to learn. It bothered him now to be separated from God.
Commence prayer now. When he was at the end of his rope he prayed and repented. He prayed back the word of God. He quoted the psalms. Thanksgiving. Why was he thankful? God had turned him from rebellion. Then he prayed in contrition. He confessed the Lord. I turn to you Lord. About face. Go in the right direction. Say God I'm sorry.

Lady read her Bible on the airplane. Man next to her questioned her about Jonah. How did he survive? When I get to heaven I'll ask him. What if Jonah isn't there? Then you ask him.

Lord fill me with your grace so I can praise you.

Michelle on piano: From the love of my own comfort help me God.  Deliver me oh God. When I taste your goodness I shall not want.

No comments:

Post a Comment