Sunday, January 15, 2017

Opportunities

Henry Dueck is involved with Hockey Ministries and invited me to see the Stanley Cup. I got there on time but it left before I could take a picture. Church of the Rock
There are opportunities in life. They are invisible. We miss them because they
1. Are an obstacle. I'm on a mission when I shop. Anything in the way is an obstacle. 
2. Timing. It often interferes with opportunities. Are you afraid to die? No I know where I'm going. 
Ephesians 2:10 good works God has planned for us. I want opportunity. 
3. Some people just pop in. 20 years ago that happened. Company just came. Now we hide. We miss opportunities. 
Matthew 25:1-10 the wise and foolish virgins. They missed the opportunity.
We struggle to own the opportunity. 
Some discernment is needed. What exactly is God asking me to do? Pray for the teachers. For healing of her back. Be prepared. 
Our biggest obstacle is self. 
We are not a liability. We died with Christ and now you are an asset to God.
Grow from the missed opportunities. Philippians 3:13.14
Go forward. Press into God's goal for you. 
I miss lots of opportunities by an inch. My priorities are slightly off.  Matthew 23:23 do the important stuff. Do the weightier matters. 
Intimacy into-me-you-see. God wants that with you. Ask him to speak into me. 
How do I get there? Where do you connect with God? Go deep with Him. into-me-you-see comes at a cost.
Pray the sinner's prayer with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment