Sunday, March 12, 2017

Famous Last Words - Lent

Dave Ens www.EasTview.org 
Welcome to Daylight Savings

We have it backwards. We think strength is the conqueror. Strength is forgiveness. 
Jesus showed us that. 
Resolved to do God's will. 
Luke 23:33-35 Jesus said, "Father, forgive them. They don't know what they are doing."  The soldiers threw dice to divide Jesus' clothes between them.
Luke 23:34 ERV

http://www.one88.org had an incident. Someone came in to agitate Doug the Irishman. Not a good idea. They almost got into a fight until Doug decided to sit down and use a different Strength. The Jesus way. 

Forgiveness is costly. Who did Jesus say that to? Romans, Jews, disciples, you, me? 
The difference between Jim Bakker is that we haven't been found out. Darkness runs through every human heart. Tony Campolo. 

World class sinners are to blame for putting Jesus on the cross? Not me. I only need a wink from divinity?

When Jesus said that, it's a call for us to understand that we are in need of forgiveness. 

The Prodigal son realized he was in a mess. Father I've sinned against heaven and you. There was more forgiveness than he could imagine. 

Talked to someone recently who asked for forgiveness. Dave tried to brush it off. But the individual wanted real forgiveness. Not it don't matter. Real forgiveness helps us live together. You are way more valuable. 
I thank Christ Jesus our Lord because he trusted me and gave me this work of serving him. He gives me strength. Here is a true statement that should be accepted without question: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, and I am the worst of them. But I was given mercy so that in me Christ Jesus could show that he has patience without limit. Christ showed his patience with me, the worst of all sinners. He wanted me to be an example for those who would believe in him and have eternal life.
1 Timothy 1:12‭, ‬15‭-‬16 ERV

No comments:

Post a Comment