Sunday, August 27, 2017

I am The Resurrection

When Jesus arrived at Bethany, he was told that Lazarus had already been in his grave for four days. When Martha got word that Jesus was coming, she went to meet him. But Mary stayed in the house. Martha said to Jesus, "Lord, if only you had been here, my brother would not have died. Jesus told her, "Your brother will rise again." Jesus told her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying.  Everyone who lives in me and believes in me will never ever die. Do you believe this, Martha?"
John 11:17‭, ‬20‭-‬21‭, ‬23‭, ‬25‭-‬26 NLT

Jesus became the Centre of attention. Real power of Jesus is displayed here. Lazarus was dead. Jesus raised him back to life. 

There is the obvious story. Then there is the other story. Jesus did nothing. For 2 days. He was 50km away. When he finally arrived he was blamed for Lazarus's death. 
Why didn't he come quickly? The hardest thing is when God does not answer our prayers. Is that the way life is? 
There are 2 parallel realities happening at the same time. We need eyes to see God's purposes. 
Jesus agenda was to teach 1. the disciples and for 2. God's glory. 3. And for Mary and Martha. V41 4th the crowd. 5. Many Jews put their faith in Jesus. 6. Lazarus. 

It's not about us. It's about God's agenda. Phil 1.20 Christ to be exalted.

Healing would have been wonderful. This miracle was more. 

If only you had been here. We often say that. We can't rewrite history. It only makes us bitter. Then we look to the future. Jesus was in the present "I AM" God. He's what we need now. He's the Resurrection Now. He offers nothing but himself.

She said I believe. Take away the stone. What? He stinks.
Jesus said trust me I AM THE RESURRECTION AND THE LIFE. 

Lazarus come. Jesus is the Christ the Son of God.

If only. Jesus will be the light the life in you. 

Quartet. There is coming a day. What a day that will be when my Jesus I shall see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment