Sunday, December 09, 2018

Prepare the Way

Johnny Dodsworth www.EasTview.org 
Have you ever been unprepared?
Was a goalie and forgot the jock. Lost the game. Forgot the 1st piece of equipment. 
Dora the Explorer has a song that was not planned. I'm the map. It's brutal. 
Prepare the Way of the Lord
This is the Good News about Jesus the Messiah, the Son of God. It began just as the prophet Isaiah had written: "Look, I am sending my messenger ahead of you, and he will prepare your way.
Mark 1:1‭-‬2 NLT

I, the Lord All-Powerful, will send my messenger to prepare the way for me. Then suddenly the Lord you are looking for will appear in his temple. The messenger you desire is coming with my promise, and he is on his way.
Malachi 3:1 CEV

People would go ahead of the king fixing the road in preparation. 
I am sending an angel to protect you and to lead you into the land I have ready for you.
Exodus 23:20 CEV

Jews that heard Mark's gospel would have connected the dots. The Torah, major and minor prophets all forecast the coming of ther Messenger. 
So John the Baptist showed up in the desert and told everyone, "Turn back to God and be baptized! Then your sins will be forgiven."
Mark 1:4 CEV

You can't fix the cracks by yourself. God in human form needs to fix the sin issue. PEACE is not a lack of war. It's Shalom peace. 
Are you prepared for the shalom of Jesus? The Way of the Lord? Daily take the posture of Jesus. 

An I prepared? Lord I need you today. 
Make disciples. That is hard. 
Posture of repentance. 
Respond. Ask the Lord what do I need to repent of? 

Prayer from MB website. Gracious God help us prepare. Lord hear our prayer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment