Sunday, January 27, 2019

Freedom. John 19:25

Delbert Enns www.EasTview.org
Been here 24 years and never left. We are challenged to hold unto our faith. Jesus died for all of us. All are called to serve and love one another. 
We make Christ known. Leadership needs prayer. 
Sometimes I feel trapped enslaved bound by chains. I want to be free. 

Freedom is a good word. When I'm free I'm good. 
Free from what? How? 
Freedom stands for equal opportunity and the pursuit of happiness. 
I'm not an island. Freedom is not drive anywhere do anything. 
Freedom is the right to worship as long as I'm not infringing on others. 
The Jesus way is freedom. Humility and sacrificial love.
Chains keep us from freedom. How do we get there. 
Freedom versus equality. Adam and Eve wanted to be equal to God.
The song leader has freedom but not equality.
Free from something. Jesus does what the Father wants. Spirit of submission. 
Bear witness to the truth. We all want to be equal to God. 
Jesus spoke up and said, "You are all from the earth; I am from above. I am not from this world like you are.
John 8:23 TPT
Then an argument broke out among the Pharisees over the healing of the blind man on the Sabbath. Some said, "This man who performed this healing is clearly not from God! He doesn't even observe the Sabbath!" Others said, "If Jesus is just an ordinary sinner, how could he perform a miracle like that?"
John 9:16 TPT

This story is tucked into the story of the Passover. Celebration of freedom. 
Jesus said to those Jews who believed in him, "When you continue to embrace all that I teach, you prove that you are my true followers.
John 8:31 TPT

So if the Son sets you free from sin, then become a true son and be unquestionably free!
John 8:36 TPT
We worship tradition, wealth, etc.
Jesus said, "Then if God were really your father, you would love me, for I've come from his presence. I didn't come here on my own, but God sent me to you.
John 8:42 TPT
When we worship what's not of God you are in unbelief.

Let me make this clear: A single grain of wheat will never be more than a single grain of wheat unless it drops into the ground and dies. Because then it sprouts and produces a great harvest of wheat—all because one grain died. So believe and cling to the light while I am with you, so that you will become children of light." After saying this, Jesus then entered into the crowd and hid himself from them. Jesus shouted out passionately, "To believe in me is to also believe in God who sent me.  For when you look at me you are seeing the One who sent me.  I have come as a light to shine in this dark world so that all who trust in me will no longer wander in darkness.
John 12:24‭, ‬36‭-‬36‭, ‬44‭-‬46 TPT

The Lord's supper is an expression of freedom. Leave your chains at the cross. Be free in love.

The bread and the cup are a celebration of what Jesus did for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment