Sunday, August 18, 2019

Elijah

Dave Ens pastor One88.org http://www.one88.org/

Now Elijah the Tishbite, of Tishbe in Gilead, said to Ahab, "As the Lord , the God of Israel, lives, before whom I stand, there shall be neither dew nor rain these years, except by my word." And the word of the Lord came to him: "Depart from here and turn eastward and hide yourself by the brook Cherith, which is east of the Jordan. You shall drink from the brook, and I have commanded the ravens to feed you there."
1 Kings 17:1‭-‬4 ESV

Who's in charge? The rain god or the God of the universe? 

What we trust influences guides our life. When following Jesus we find peace. 

Trusting God can be hard. 

Queen Jezebel was not happy so King Ahab was not happy. Elijah had to hide. He had to speak and then trust God. Not worry about what else God has for us. Do what God has called you to do. 

The ravens fed Elijah and then God called him to go to a window in the middle of Baal country. The widow's food did not run out while the famine was in the land. God can be trusted. He is the provider. His jar never runs out. He has abundance. He does not disappoint. He was willing to die for you. 

And she said, "As the Lord your God lives, I have nothing baked, only a handful of flour in a jar and a little oil in a jug. And now I am gathering a couple of sticks that I may go in and prepare it for myself and my son, that we may eat it and die." And Elijah said to her, "Do not fear; go and do as you have said. But first make me a little cake of it and bring it to me, and afterward make something for yourself and your son.
1 Kings 17:12‭-‬13 ESV

Communion table has bread and juice to symbolize Jesus's broken body and blood. 

Come out of the darkness
So lay down your burdens
Lay down your shame
All who are broken
Lift up your face
Oh wanderer come home
You're not too far
So lay down your hurt
Lay down your heart
Come as you are
Come as you are
Fall in his arms

No comments:

Post a Comment