Sunday, July 24, 2016

Mrs. Turpin is grateful

Mennville EMC church
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404685653104446/

"How Deep The Father's Love For Us"

How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice,
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

Dwight Plett
Pray for Paul Friesen and his family. He is very sick.

Will read the story of "Revelation" by Flannery O'Conner

http://producer.csi.edu/cdraney/archive-courses/summer06/engl278/e-texts/oconner_revelation.pdf

The  poor  mother  blushed  again.  "Mary  Grace  goes  to  Wellesley College,"  she  explained.  She  twisted  one  of  the  buttons  on  her  dress. "In  Massachusetts,  she  added  with  a  grimace.  "And  in  the  summer  she just  keeps  right  on  studying.  Just  reads  all  the  time,  a  real  book  worm. She's  done  real  well  at  Wellesley;  she's  taking  English  and  Math  and History  and  Psychology  and  Social  Studies,"  she  rattled  on  "and  I  think it's  too  much.  I  think  she  ought  to  get  out  and  have  fun."

"I  think  people  with  bad  dispositions  are  more  to  be  pitied  than anyone  on  earth,"  the  pleasant  lady  said  in  a  voice  that  was  decidedly thin.

"I  thank  the  Lord  he  has  blessed  me  with  a  good  one,"  Mrs.  Turpin said.  "The  day  has  never  dawned  that  I  couldn't  find  something  to laugh  at."

"Not  since  she  married  me  anyways,"  Claud  said  with  a  comical straight  face.

No comments:

Post a Comment