Sunday, September 10, 2017

I AM of Jesus the TRUE grapevine

Brian Hamilton Pastor www.AllPeoplesChurch.weebly.com
"I am the true grapevine, and my Father is the gardener.  He cuts off every branch of mine that doesn't produce fruit, and he prunes the branches that do bear fruit so they will produce even more.  Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me. "Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.  When you produce much fruit, you are my true disciples. This brings great glory to my Father.
John 15:1‭-‬2‭, ‬4‭-‬5‭, ‬8 NLT

3 functions
1.True vine
2. Father is the gardener that prunes the branches
3. You are the branches to bring fruit

I AM the True vine. The Vine is the symbol of Israel. Psalm 80 God planted a vine. Come back, we beg you, O God of Heaven's Armies. Look down from heaven and see our plight. Take care of this grapevine that you yourself have planted, this son you have raised for yourself. For we are chopped up and burned by our enemies. May they perish at the sight of your frown. Strengthen the man you love, the son of your choice.
Psalms 80:14‭-‬17 NLT

A vine's only function is to grow grapes. Bear much fruit. That's the evidence of your connection to Jesus the source of your life. 

There are branches that look like Christians but bear no fruit. They may say the right things but not know Jesus. We had apple trees that bore no apples. They had not been pruned.

We confess with our mouths because we have Life. Examine our hearts. Are we bearing much fruit?

We often measure success by the dollars earned. 

3. You are the branches. Abide. Remain. In Jesus. Bear much fruit. You can be a pastor but not bear fruit. Peter denied Jesus. 

Peter saw his opportunity and addressed the crowd. "People of Israel," he said, "what is so surprising about this? And why stare at us as though we had made this man walk by our own power or godliness? For it is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob—the God of all our ancestors—who has brought glory to his servant Jesus by doing this. This is the same Jesus whom you handed over and rejected before Pilate, despite Pilate's decision to release him.
Acts of the Apostles 3:12‭-‬13 NLT
What is so surprising? Abide in Jesus. 
Read your Bible every day. 
Fruit always comes when we abide in the vine. 
What does it mean to bear fruit?

No comments:

Post a Comment