Thursday, November 01, 2007

Does Jesus care?

Frank Graeff went through some very difficult trials. The period beforewriting this song was one of great despondency, doubt and physical pain.When he turned to God's Word, 1 Peter 5:7 gave him wonderful comfort: "Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about what happens to you." After meditating on that truth, Graeff wrote these lyrics, with the resounding affirmation in the chorus, "Oh yes, He cares..." May this truth also encourage you today and in the days to come! I'm praying for you. --
Martha K.

Does Jesus Care?
Does Jesus care when my heart is pained
Too deeply for mirth or song,
As the burdens press, and the cares distress
And the way grows weary and long?

Does Jesus care when my way is dark
With a nameless dread and fear?
As the daylight fades into deep night shades,
Does He care enough to be near?

Refrain:
Oh yes, He cares, I know He cares,
His heart is touched with my grief;
When the days are weary, the long nights dreary,
I know my Saviour cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment