Saturday, April 26, 2008

3:24 in the line

TKTS sells 1/2 price Broadway tickets on the day of the show. The line opens at 3 pm, cash only. There are at least 1,000 people ahead of me.
The ladies are in retail therapy at Macy's, the world's largest department store. I had my retail therapy at Conway's. It only took 20 minutes.
The line is moving fairly fast. It should be less than 1 hr.
I spoke to Justin earlier. He is working 7 days a week as manager of the Subway on McLeod. One staff had broken her hand, another one came to work drunk, and he feels stressed out. ''Too blessed to be stressed?"
Today is 2 months since Renee was promoted to glory. The overwhelming sense of devastation has lessened somewhat. The pain is still just under the surface, and the least little thing can set off a firestorm.
Martha and I have been reading 90 Minutes in Heaven. That has helped to make heaven more real, and to imagine the joy Renee is experiencing there.
It is now 4:07 and I got 4 tickets to David Hyde Pearce and Curtains.

No comments:

Post a Comment