Sunday, July 27, 2008

Another story

We are home safe and sound. The Free Press carried another story in which Renee was mentioned.
Today was Roger's birthday. Not a happy one.
We had dinner with Roger, Anita, and Katelyn 2 weeks ago at a nice restaurant on Corydon. Kara and Katelyn sat at a table by themselves, happily chatting as only young ladies can. I wish I had taken a picture. Memo to self: Take more pictures.
This morning we got up early, and drove 220km from Stratford to Barrie to attend church with Kelvin and Esther. Then they invited us to their home for a quick lunch, and then off to the airport - one hour away. When we got out of the car, I forgot my cell phone in the Jeep. By the time I noticed it was missing, the Jeep had been taken for servicing. They found the phone just in time for me to get it, before we had to scurry off to security. Talk about the hurrier I go the behinder I get!
When we got to Winnipeg, there was a message from Loni, telling us that her grandfather had fallen and broken his neck. He had survived the night. I tried calling back to her and Tim & Elsie, but there was no answer. Pray for that family!

No comments:

Post a Comment