Sunday, July 06, 2008

Shock

Virgil, who lost his wife, says, "When you go to a funeral, you hear people say, 'Oh, he's holding up so well.' I don't think that's true. I think the person in grief doesn't know what's going on. That's the state I was in." Maybe you can relate to how Virgil felt.

When you are in shock and you feel powerless to cope and unable to think straight, understand that you don't have to at that moment. Yet because of this, it is wise not to make any major changes in your life or decide on any important issues until your shock has subsided.

From www.GriefShare.org

Did nothing much today. Had Larry and Carl over to get the network working here at home. Now it seems to work. Thanks guys. Went for a walk at Bird's Hill this evening. Check it out on Martha's facebook at http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=718265973

James was here the other day to get some other computer issues fixed. He writes a daily encouragement blog at http://jgs-notes.blogspot.com/

We met Henry & Martha in Walhala ND for supper and a performance of Les Miserables at Frost Fire. Terrific show! We saw it twice on Broadway during the last 12 months, and this performance rivalled that one. Go if you can! Only 2 hours from Winnipeg. Well worth the trip!

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to let you and your wife know that though you don't know me, I have been reading your blog and thinking of you through the past 1/2 year or so. I found your blog through a friend's.

    I know it can be hard to put your heart out in a blog when you might not get much feedback or encouragement, but I suspect a lot of people read this and find that words escape them. I admire your candidness and your courage. Your transparency truly is profound. Thank you for sharing.

    God bless!

    Annie (Waterloo, Ont.)

    ReplyDelete