Sunday, October 17, 2010

Simulcast Funeral for Ben L Dueck

From Quellen Colony Los Jagueyes, Namiquipa, Chihuahua, Mexico simulcast to IMF at Arborg MB. 46 friends and relatives attended.

My Cousin, and Martha's Uncle.

The obituary was read in high German and in Spanish.

He was born in Rosenort Manitoba in 1930 and moved to Mexico where he lived his whole adult life. Married to Mary Plett for almost 60 years, they enjoyed their large family.

Low German message by my cousin Harold Plett. He talked about being ready to go across the Jordan. All of our righteousness is not enough to assure us a safe passage. Only through Jesus will we be saved and welcomed into our heavenly dwellings. So many people have to go across the Jordan alone. Don't be one of them.

English song ''When all of God's singers get home"

Message in Spanish (by Johan Rempel) was not very useful to me. The speaker quoted lots of Scriptures, but spoke very slowly suggesting to me that Spanish was not his first language.

Prayer. Great God thank you for reminding us that life comes to an end. Thank you for the salvation you offer us.

More songs in English. This world is not my home I'm just a passing through.

I am going to a city where the roses never fade. Here they bloom but for a season soon their beauty is decayed.

In German: 1. Could not understand any of this song.

2. What a day that will be when my Jesus I shall see!

Sharing time.
Unde Ben came to Belize a few times we had a good time.

Ronald - Ben was my Brother-in-Law for 60 years. One time when they came to visit. He wanted to go fishing. He really enjoyed that day on that northern lake. He was the only one to catch fish. We enjoyed that catch.

Tina Reimer - 16 years ago we had the funeral for my husband. Ben and Mary came for that. That was very nice.

Ronald Kornelson. Ben had real sense of humour and wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment