Sunday, January 06, 2013

What's your next step? Know who you are!

Open the eyes of my heart Lord I want to see you high and lifted up holy holy holy

He is calling us all by name
The same God that was crucified is calling us to the cross

Look inside the mystery see the empty cross glorious He stands above the rulers of the earth my eyes have seen the glory of the Lord

Pray for our friends Audrey & Arnold Voth. Audrey is in palliative care at http://www.concordiahospital.mb.ca/ Hospital.

Pastor Del Enns
Son Mark is getting married. The other 2 children are married and our daughter gave us a grandchild. What did I do to deserve this?
Will God be nice to me because I'm nice? Do I score brownie points for going to church?

God's grace is there for all of us.
I'm a recovered task master. We often fail to accept that the journey to grace has a starting point. Sin is an attitude that says it is my life and I will do whatever feels good. We think we are good people. Paul said no one is righteous not even one. No one can ever be made right by following the law. Go see Les Miserables. It's a good movie of grace. Go watch it!
Greek mythology says do something good and the Gods will reward you.
Cleaned the closet. The old suit was full of dust. Sometimes we need to reexamine our lives. Get out of autopilot in our Christian lives and draw closer to God. We tend to shrink the gospel. We need to have a growing awareness of God and a growing awareness of my sinfulness.

We think we need to track our performance and then we pretend that all is good. Self righteousness creeps in. Idols of life creep in: control success security etc

Gospel centered life book.

We were made right with God through faith in Christ and made us righteous through what Jesus did

Real growth happens when the grace of Christ gets bigger and bigger. God is sovereign over all.

We all desire fullness and get side tracked by fleshly lusts. To the degree that Christ fills me I am free. Spend more time with Him.

And remember
Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you.
He is a mighty savior.
He will take delight in you with gladness.
With his love, he will calm all your fears.
He will rejoice over you with joyful songs."

Go to www.EasTview.org to watch this excellent message on-line

No comments:

Post a Comment