Friday, February 26, 2010

It is TWO YEARS Today

It is TWO YEARS today, since we said farewell to Renee. I miss her incredibly. It truly is a pain that never goes away. It ebbs and flows and today is one of the never-ending excruciating pain days. Martha and I are going out for lunch in St Boniface and supper at her mom's. Justin and Alayna are working, so we'll have our family memorial time Saturday and Sunday.

Emotions are so mixed up today that I hardly know what to say. I guess this is my journaling outlet so here goes.

I wake up every morning with dry eyes so I have to put in eye-drops. When I do that, I think of Renee. During her last hospitalization with the chemo she got, her eyes were dry and she needed eye-drops. She had a tough time keeping her eyes open to let the drops fall in. I tried to teach her to look at the ceiling, ignore the eye dropper and let the drops fall in. She just could not do it, so I tried to coach her. That worked a little better, but mostly she ended up holding one eye open with one hand while squirting eye drops all over her eyes.

Martha had a depressing Dr appointment

Ten years ago we took our whole family to Europe and to Oberammergau for the Passion Play that happens every 10 years. We now have tickets for 6 (because they did not have a single room option) for May 17-19 and Renee will not be there. We will miss her. But that brings up the option of inviting someone to join us for those days in Germany. Any volunteers?

We are heading to Martha's mom for supper. She is always such a cheerer upper.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:37 PM

    I've been following your blog and your wife's as well since I read about Renee's story in the Winnipeg Free Press; I have never commented before, but today I feel compelled to let you know that I think of you often and pray for you as well. I am glad that you have someone to cheer your on on this day. I'm sure that there are many like me that are pulling for you but have remained quietly in the background.

    Eva

    ReplyDelete