Monday, September 02, 2013

Harry Funk and family

Harry Funk and family at All People's Church in Falcon Lake.
The 5 couples shared one cottage this weekend. Last night they had no hot water. Emergency repair and they are all here sparkling clean.
Psalm 23 is a favorite. Husband was a teacher and then a pastor in 4 churches. Where to retire was a hard decision. Set aside a day of fasting and prayer. The next day we both knew that Portage La Prairie. Now working with needy boys ministry.
Song:
Here we stand at a crossroads again. We turn our hearts to what is yet to come. We know you will lead us Lord. Prepare our hearts to risk again to lead a life of fruitfulness.
Like a shepherd God protects us. John 9. Jesus came to give us abundant life. He gives us strength. Reach out and experience the breadth and depth of God's love. Glory to God through all millennia.
Song duet
He leads me by his hand he leads me through Jordan or wherever. His faithful follower I will be.
Solo by Harry
There has never been a friend like Jesus. We walk hand in hand through this pilgrim land. Let me recommend this friend so faithful.
Group song
Because the Lord is my shepherd I have everything I need. I will never be afraid because he is close beside me.
Reading
Our shepherd gives us nourishment of every kind. Psalm 59 I will sing of your strength
Solo
Your love is life to me. My truest longing my deepest need. Without it I don't know where I'd be. Your love is life to me.
Ladies Quartet
Holy Words long preserved. Ancient words will guide us home. They will change us they will change you. They resound with God's own heart.
Reading
Shout for joy.
Song
Harry with the Ladies Quartet
God will carry the lambs close to His heart.
When I pause in God's presence I enter God's cathedral. There are times when I can't feel his presence because doubts fill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment