Sunday, February 19, 2017

Faithful leads to Fruitful Maturity

Winston Churchill board chair www.EasTview.org
A vision is never free. This church was founded 25 years ago with great affliction. 

Joseph
Virginia and our family started attending here 5 years ago. Started men's group. John 12:24 no one showed up at the 1st meeting. No one came. Till 7:45. One showed up. Prayed together. 

Grandpa preached Watching Joseph Die. His father showed his preference and the brothers became jealous. Hatred became evident. They sold him. Made some money. 

Joseph never regained his freedom. He died to his freedom, to his nationality, family. 

39:9 how can I do this great wickedness? 
He wouldn't do it. He said to his master's wife, "Look, with me here, my master doesn't give a second thought to anything that goes on here—he's put me in charge of everything he owns. He treats me as an equal. The only thing he hasn't turned over to me is you. You're his wife, after all! How could I violate his trust and sin against God?"
Genesis 39:8‭-‬9 MSG

Joseph ended up in prison and interpreted dreams. Thought he could get out now. It took 2 more years until he was brought in front of Pharoah. Joseph gave all credit to God. 
He was 30 when he became the 2nd in command. 

He named his children putting God first again. 

Eventually he met his brothers and asked about his father. 

"Come closer to me," Joseph said to his brothers. They came closer. "I am Joseph your brother whom you sold into Egypt. But don't feel badly, don't blame yourselves for selling me. God was behind it. God sent me here ahead of you to save lives. There has been a famine in the land now for two years; the famine will continue for five more years—neither plowing nor harvesting. God sent me on ahead to pave the way and make sure there was a remnant in the land, to save your lives in an amazing act of deliverance. So you see, it wasn't you who sent me here but God. He set me in place as a father to Pharaoh, put me in charge of his personal affairs, and made me ruler of all Egypt.
Genesis 45:4‭-‬8 

He gave God the credit. The brothers had difficulty accepting forgiveness. 20 years later they thought Joseph was going to kill them. 

Joseph replied, "Don't be afraid. Do I act for God? Don't you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now—life for many people. Easy now, you have nothing to fear; I'll take care of you and your children." He reassured them, speaking with them heart-to-heart.
Genesis 50:19‭-‬21 MSG

Hating our life is putting our life always 2nd to God. Follow me Jesus said. 

There is always a continuing cost. Leading people to Christ and on to maturity in Him.

Do you understand the cost? Financing. God has blessed. Where are Financing coming from?

Trends show a shortfall this year.

We took over a company some years ago. Some things the customer wanted were unethical. Found it hard to die to the profits. 55 people millions of dollars at stake. God took away the contract. Laid off 30. Now he brought life. 18 people left. 

12 or 15 years ago dad told me to change what God wants you to change. Life will come. 

He will increase when I decrease. 

Together we count the cost. 

Hebrews 4 don't let a heart of unbelief get in the way. Philippians 3:7 know Christ and the power of his resurrection. Move forward in Christ. 

Celebrate with Soup for Soar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment