Sunday, August 06, 2017

The I AMs of Jesus

Reg Penner, Penner Farm Supplies chair
Psalm 8 Oh Lord how majestic is your name
Special music by Lynne and Willie Wiebe and family
Thou my everlasting portion 
Maker Fun Factory kids camp next week needs more station leaders and other volunteers.

Pastor Brian Hamilton Falcon Lake Church 

John 8 Jesus returned to the Mount of Olives, but early the next morning he was back again at the Temple. A crowd soon gathered, and he sat down and taught them. Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, "I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life." Jesus told them, "These claims are valid even though I make them about myself. For I know where I came from and where I am going, but you don't know this about me.
John 8:1‭-‬2‭, ‬12‭, ‬14 NLT

1 John 1. God is Light

Key verse for the day

I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life

There is a muzzle loading rifle competition https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Muzzle_Loading_Rifle_Association - there is a giant festival like there was in Jesus's day. 

In Jesus's day they brought a woman caught in adultery. They wanted to trap him. He was a forgiver. How would he be able to condemn her? Moses made 6 statements to place the onus of adultery on the man. The Pharisees switched onus. 

Jesus said I AM. They were trying to trap him. Jesus wrote on the ground. What? We don't know. It had a very interesting effect. Maybe he wrote: living water truth. Did he write names? Jeremiah 17
The older ones walked away first. 
The pious self righteous accusers had been laid bare. 

Met Miss Paraguay 2012 in Spain. Mom went with her daughter to all the meetings. She met a deviant at a meeting. He brought his friends to hear mom praying for them week after week. People got saved from their sins. 

Jesus is the Light of the world! We need to open our hearts to the light and confess our sins to be purified from sin's snares. Purified.


No comments:

Post a Comment