Sunday, April 01, 2018

Happy Resurrection Day

Afterward Joseph of Arimathea, who had been a secret disciple of Jesus (because he feared the Jewish leaders), asked Pilate for permission to take down Jesus' body. When Pilate gave permission, Joseph came and took the body away. With him came Nicodemus, the man who had come to Jesus at night. He brought about seventy-five pounds of perfumed ointment made from myrrh and aloes. Following Jewish burial custom, they wrapped Jesus' body with the spices in long sheets of linen cloth. The place of crucifixion was near a garden, where there was a new tomb, never used before. And so, because it was the day of preparation for the Jewish Passover and since the tomb was close at hand, they laid Jesus there.
John 19:38‭-‬42 NLT

www.EasTview. org chor: Hear the bells ringing Jesus is risen

They sealed the tomb

Early on Sunday morning, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene came to the tomb and found that the stone had been rolled away from the entrance. She ran and found Simon Peter and the other disciple, the one whom Jesus loved. She said, "They have taken the Lord's body out of the tomb, and we don't know where they have put him!" while the cloth that had covered Jesus' head was folded up and lying apart from the other wrappings. for until then they still hadn't understood the Scriptures that said Jesus must rise from the dead. Then they went home.
John 20:1‭-‬2‭, ‬7‭, ‬9‭-‬10 NLT

Alone in my sorrow and dead in my sin. Your grace was so free washes over me
When death was arrested and my life began
Oh, Your grace so free
Washes over me
You have made me new
Now life begins with You
It's your endless love
Pouring down on us
You have made us new
Now life begins with You
Christ is risen indeed
500 eye witnesses proved Jesus had risen. It took a miracle to convince the disciples that he was alive. Remember the empty tomb. 

Mary was standing outside the tomb crying, and as she wept, she stooped and looked in. She saw two white-robed angels, one sitting at the head and the other at the foot of the place where the body of Jesus had been lying. "Dear woman, why are you crying?" Jesus asked her. "Who are you looking for?" She thought he was the gardener. "Sir," she said, "if you have taken him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will go and get him." "Mary!" Jesus said. She turned to him and cried out, "Rabboni!" (which is Hebrew for "Teacher"). Mary Magdalene found the disciples and told them, "I have seen the Lord!" Then she gave them his message.
John 20:11‭-‬12‭, ‬15‭-‬16‭, ‬18 NLT

The doors were locked. Jesus did not need to open doors. Just to be where no one else could go. 
Jesus can help when no one else can. He'll give you victory. He can reach in to you. He simply shows up. Would you allow Jesus to find you today? 

There are so many nice resurrection songs why do we need to listen to noise? 

Doors were locked in the evening when loneliness and fear is at the highest. Jesus stepped into it. 
Behind locked doors we feel safe. 
Satan tries to mess you up. To leave you hanging there. 

One of the twelve disciples, Thomas (nicknamed the Twin), was not with the others when Jesus came. They told him, "We have seen the Lord!" But he replied, "I won't believe it unless I see the nail wounds in his hands, put my fingers into them, and place my hand into the wound in his side." Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here, and look at my hands. Put your hand into the wound in my side. Don't be faithless any longer. Believe!" "My Lord and my God!" Thomas exclaimed. Then Jesus told him, "You believe because you have seen me. Blessed are those who believe without seeing me."
John 20:24‭-‬25‭, ‬27‭-‬29 NLT

Filled with wonder awestruck wonder

Jesus's death was difficult. Thomas was agitated. The sceptic in him screamed that he had to touch the wounds.

It happened. Jesus showed up in person. My Lord and my God! Those who believed he gave the right to be children of God. Surrender to Jesus today. Get the peace He offers. Pray now. 

Jesus Messiah name above all names

Who breaks the power of sin and darkness? The King of Glory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment