Sunday, June 17, 2018

Baptism Sunday Father's Day

Bruce Dyck transfer from Presbyterian
Miqdalia Daniels from non Christian home. Jesus changed my life through the youth group.
Braidy Waschuk grew up in a Christian home. Camp Arnes changed my life. Went to Soar Heartland this year. That changed my life. Want to show I'm a Christ follower. Luke 17.6 faith like a mustard seed. 

Reckless Love song. Is God's love reckless? God just puts himself out there no matter what. Luke 15.3-7
The shepherd looks for his sheep. 

Reckless Love
Before I spoke a word, You were singing over me
You have been so, so good to me
Before I took a breath, You breathed Your life in me
You have been so, so kind to me
Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God
Oh, it chases me down, fights 'til I'm found, leaves the ninety-nine
I couldn't earn it,
Shalom Grateful Unique
Do you believe Jesus  is the son of God and he died for you? 
Do you choose to follow Him? Yes! 

It is my pleasure to baptize you in the name of the Father Son and Holy Spirit. 

Delbert Enns
Christ my Anchor
Anyone can be a father but it takes somebody special to be a daddy. 

Our society has little respect for Fatherhood. Too few fathers have been good examples. Family anchor. 
When we have crisis do we have a solid anchor? 
God allows us to walk through crisis from time to time. When it's your own fault it's one thing. 
What if the crisis is caused by others? How do we deal with that? 
Paul Acts 27.10
saying, "Sirs, I perceive that the voyage will be with injury and much loss, not only of the cargo and the ship, but also of our lives." But the centurion paid more attention to the pilot and to the owner of the ship than to what Paul said. And because the harbor was not suitable to spend the winter in, the majority decided to put out to sea from there, on the chance that somehow they could reach Phoenix, a harbor of Crete, facing both southwest and northwest, and spend the winter there.
Acts 27:10‭-‬12 ESV

When you face a crisis do you allow experts or circumstances to direct you? Do you go by feelings? Do you follow the crowd? V15 driven along by the wind. V18 storm tossed and threw every thing including the ship's tackle. Everything. Hope was abandoned. 
V29 let down the anchors and prayed. Paul rises up and tells them to take heart. No lives will be lost. God's presence will go with you. Do not be afraid. God's purpose will be established in you. 
3. God's promise will prevail. 
Be encouraged. 
4. God answers prayer. God is close to the broken hearted. Paul's bay in Malta is where they landed.
Do not give up. 

We need one another. Covenant together. We have a great hope. 
Baptism is a picture of what Jesus has done for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment