Sunday, November 04, 2018

Deacons what do they do?

Jonathan Wiebe www.EasTview.org
EKKLESIA / / CHURCH
God intends to live among us. 
He gave us special instructions on how to build the church. 
How should we live together? 
Diakonos a Greek word Jesus used.
 Jesus told them, "In this world the kings and great men Lord it over their people, yet they are called 'friends of the people.'  But among you it will be different. Those who are the greatest among you should take the lowest rank, and the leader should be like a servant.
Luke 22:25‭-‬26 NLT
His disciples wondered what Jesus was up to. This was upside down. 
Jesus says I'm among you as one who serves. Diakonos. Servant. Server. To serve you. 
Dulos I do what I'm told
No room for power struggles or ego. 
John 12
The Greeks paid a visit to Philip, who was from Bethsaida in Galilee. They said, "Sir, we want to meet Jesus." Philip told Andrew about it, and they went together to ask Jesus. Anyone who wants to serve me must follow me, because my servants must be where I am. And the Father will honor anyone who serves me.
John 12:21‭-‬22‭, ‬26 NLT

I commend to you our sister Phoebe, who is a deacon in the church in Cenchrea.
Romans 16:1 NLT
She may have delivered Paul's letter and read it to the church. 

Jesus died for us. Serve your heart out. 
Don't dismiss the challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment