Sunday, December 30, 2018

Jesus the Messiah

What does life look like after the Messiah arrived? 
Johnnie Dodsworth www.EasTview.org
Put together a 1000 PC puzzle and one piece was missing. Very disturbing. We want completeness. 
We know the Messiah is Jesus. 
1. Genesis 3.14 he will crush your head you Satan will strike his heel
2. Jeremiah 33.15 a branch will sprout from David 
3. Isaiah 40.3 get ready for John the Baptist to prepare the way for messiah
4. Isaiah 53.5 healed by his wounds. So we can have peace
5. Micah 5.2 Bethlehem from you will come the ruler from ancient times
6. Isaiah 9.6 mighty God comes to restore relationship YWEH is the Lord. 
This is right on the mark for who Jesus was. His kingdom will have no end. He is Emmanuel God with us. 
We are his body as a church. To bring peace. He invites us to participate in life. 
What does life look like with him? 
John 17 a glimpse at the heart of the Messiah. Read the whole chapter. 

I am not praying just for these followers. I am also praying for everyone else who will have faith because of what my followers will say about me. I want all of them to be one with each other, just as I am one with you and you are one with me. I also want them to be one with us. Then the people of this world will believe that you sent me.  I have honored my followers in the same way you honored me, in order that they may be one with each other, just as we are one. I am one with them, and you are one with me, so they may become completely one. Then this world's people will know that you sent me. They will know that you love my followers as much as you love me.
John 17:20‭-‬23 CEV

The truth of the gospel is to be made known. Have unity with one another. Amazing prayer by Jesus! 
Christ is the head of this body. 
The way for restoration is made. 
What have you done with with the invitation. 

Pray as Jesus prayed for oneness. Let our community see the Messiah in us.

Communion is a symbol to remind us of the what Christ did for us. 
Unity and community are part of this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment