Sunday, January 05, 2020

Who do you say I am?

Jesus kept answering the question Who do you say I am? 

That is the most important question in history. Mark answers it. 

Johnny Dodsworth Life Groups Pastor www.EasTview.org 

Advent has just passed. Anticipation of the second coming is where we live today. 

The people of the NT times had been waiting 400 years. 
As it is written in Isaiah the prophet,  " Look, I am sending my messenger ahead of you, who will prepare your way,  the voice of one shouting in the wilderness, ' Prepare the way for the Lord, make his paths straight. '"
Mark 1:2‭-‬3 NET

Wake up. The story is continuing. Mark's readers would have known this passage well. A 4 second audio clip from Star Wars immediately brings to mind scenes. 

Mark starts at Jesus's baptism not birth. 

Now in those days Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan River.  And a voice came from heaven: "You are my one dear Son; in you I take great delight."
Mark 1:9‭, ‬11 NET

N T Wright said God sees us the same we he looks at Jesus 
 "You are my dear child; in you I take great delight."

We now live in Christ. The beautiful story of the gospel. We can live in Jesus. If you haven't been baptized yet, why not? 
February 9 we will celebrate baptism here. 

When we are defined by God as his children we are free indeed. Participate in his kingdom. 
If Jesus is just your influencer you are alone. You need to be in relationship with God. 

Who do you say Jesus is? 

"As for this temple you are building, if you follow my rules, observe my regulations, and obey all my commandments, I will fulfill through you the promise I made to your father David.  I will live among the Israelites and will not abandon my people Israel."
1 Kings 6:12‭-‬13 NET

God's heart desires to dwell with His people. He wants you to live as his child. He wants everyone to walk with him. 

Pause. Reflect. Invite Jesus to speak to you. How are you inviting me to experience life as your child? 

Lord, what is in your heart for me this morning? 

No comments:

Post a Comment