Pastor John Neufeld www.EasTview.org
Dan Penna bought a castle in Scotland
His manager ripped him off and he forgave him
Show me your friends and I'll show you your future
One day when Jesus was teaching, some Pharisees and teachers of the Law were sitting there who had come from every town in Galilee and Judea and from Jerusalem. The power of the Lord was present for Jesus to heal the sick. Some men came carrying a paralyzed man on a bed, and they tried to carry him into the house and put him in front of Jesus. Because of the crowd, however, they could find no way to take him in. So they carried him up on the roof, made an opening in the tiles, and let him down on his bed into the middle of the group in front of Jesus. When Jesus saw how much faith they had, he said to the man, "Your sins are forgiven, my friend."
Luke 5:17-20 GNT
Think hammock. 4 friends hauling a guy up the roof on a very narrow set of stairs, dig a big hole in the roof and lower him.
What kind of friend are you?
1.Compassionate? Listen deeply? Are you that kind of friend?
2. Faithful friend
3. Encouraging friend. The Holy Spirit
4. Determined friend who makes good things happen. To experience Jesus.
Show me your friends and I'll show you your future video. You're sculpting yourself by the friends you keep.
God is there for the paralyzed
Sin is at the core of all brokenness
Forgiveness is the core of all of our restoration
Forgiveness is pulling the hook out. They never apologized. Why should I forgive? Jesus takes the hook out.
What kind of helpless are you?
1. If it's too crowded near Jesus we don't feel like bothering
2. Many of our best moments with Jesus because of our friends
Mom and dad bear our burdens. They pray for them
3. We begrudge our friends as they are taking us to Jesus
Maybe I'm too proud to accept help
4. We still carry our mat. We don't walk with the sleeping bag around all the time. Some do. Advertise our pain.
We need friends to help us in our helplessness. Jesus wants to help.
1. How do you remove a bad influence friend? Gently carefully. Be more powerfully connected to Jesus. Fill your life with good friends
2. How do you take the hook out? Examine the wound. Take out the pain. Give the hook back. I don't want your pain in my life anymore
Post a Comment