Sunday, November 09, 2014

Financial Generosity

Searing loss

How Deep The Father's Love For Us
How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure
How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory
Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice,
Call out among the scoffers
It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished
I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection
Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

Elton Da Silva
www.EasTview.org video
Money

Money enhances character. We all have banks.  The bank deposit book shows where your heart is.
You are busy making money then you have to get busy spending money.  Then you have to get busy making more money then you have to get busy spending money.

Why?
If we don't have money we think God is not blessing us. If we pursued God instead of money, we would be successful. If you pursued God you would achieve significance.
When you pursue what God wants you to be,  you achieve significance.

When you pursue God you will be blessed to be a blessing!

Follow after God and the score card changes. Generosity is a heart issue, not a pocket book issue.

2 Cor 9 you reap what you sow. What have you decided to give. If God has 10% of your heart, you'll give 10%!?

How much of God is in your heart? Generosity is a gospel issue. Not a law.
Generosity is a gospel privilege. God is generous.
Generosity is an act of worship. Prov 3:9-10 your vats will run over with new wine. Give more get more is wrong.
Release to God out of gratefulnes.
Guilting people does not bring money. Thankfulness to God.
Being generous with money is dependant on how much of him is in it.
God does not need your money.

How do we live a generous life?
Heart checkup. How much of God is in you? Willingness to give cheerfully from the heart.
God wants to enjoy your grateful gift.
Don't write another cheque as taxes
Change your view of money. God uses money to spread the gospel. It is not the end goal but the means to reach others.

God has given everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment