Sunday, November 22, 2015

Kingdom Building

Delbert Enns www.EasTview.org
Jesus called us to be ambassadors of the Good News. Or is it just news.

We were created for more - way more. We were not created for earth — but for eternity. We were not created to be liked but to show love. We were not created to draw attention to ourselves but to give glory to God. We were not created to collect followers but to follow Christ. Craig Groeschel

Last Sunday was baptism Sunday and we were reminded that God sent his Holy Spirit to remind us of why we are here.

Reoriented for Destiny
How can we move from here to there?
God is. ... We become. ...
Creator. ..restored. ..
Holy. ... Transformed
Covenant. ... Community. ..
Love. ... Destiny
... for His Glory

Redeemed for Destiny
The cost to move from here to there was the death of His Son.
Is it good news?

Luke 9.59 3 men Jesus invited them
Follow me. Preach the kingdom.
http://bible.com/116/luk.9.57-62.nlt
As they were walking along, someone said to Jesus, "I will follow you wherever you go." But Jesus replied, "Foxes have dens to live in, and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place even to lay his head." He said to another person, "Come, follow me." The man agreed, but he said, "Lord, first let me return home and bury my father." But Jesus told him, "Let the spiritually dead bury their own dead! Your duty is to go and preach about the Kingdom of God." Another said, "Yes, Lord, I will follow you, but first let me say good-bye to my family." But Jesus told him, "Anyone who puts a hand to the plow and then looks back is not fit for the Kingdom of God."

Get your stuff sorted out. If not you will not have Good News.

Why?
This is about His story.
Jesus wants to spend eternity with his redeemed church. Phil 2.9..11
God will fix this world. He made a perfect world and he will restore it.

http://bible.com/116/rev.21.1-4.nlt
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the old heaven and the old earth had disappeared. And the sea was also gone. And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven like a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, "Look, God's home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them.  He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever."
And the one sitting on the throne said, "Look, I am making everything new!" And then he said to me, "Write this down, for what I tell you is trustworthy and true." And he also said, "It is finished! I am the Alpha and the Omega—the Beginning and the End. To all who are thirsty I will give freely from the springs of the water of life. All who are victorious will inherit all these blessings, and I will be their God, and they will be my children. "But cowards, unbelievers, the corrupt, murderers, the immoral, those who practice witchcraft, idol worshipers, and all liars—their fate is in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

God's redemption story is complete but there is a gap. 2 people die every second. God has entrusted us to bring the Good News to those who have never heard.

Mark 14 Jesus introduced the Last Supper in Remembrance of His Sacrifice. He invites us all to the celebration of the eternal supper with all of us.

Kristian Stanfill - My Heart Is Yours
From the album Passion:

Take It AllI give You my life
I give You my trust
Jesus
You are my God
You are enough
Jesus

My heart is Yours
My heart is Yours
Take it all
Take it all
My life in Your hands

I lay down my life
And take up my cross
Jesus
For You are my God
Whatever the cost
Jesus
For You, Jesus

All to Jesus I surrender
All to You I freely give
I will ever love and trust You
In Your presence I will live

© 2014 worshiptogether.com

No comments:

Post a Comment