Sunday, September 03, 2017

The I AMs of Jesus

Michelle Sawatsky sister and sister in law 
https://www.facebook.com/msawatzkykoop
Sometimes I'm all alone with no one to share.
My problems and heart aches that I cannot bear.
Then Jesus comes whisp'ring love in my ear. 
Fills me with sweet joy and holds me so near. 

Jesus, You are the one 
to make my day bright when I can't see the sun. 
Jesus, I need only You 
To lead me and guide 'til my life here is through. 
Sometimes I look around, and sad feelings flow
To see what has happened in this world here below.
Then I remember there's coming a day 
when Jesus will take all His children away.

We pray for blessings
We pray for peace

Comfort for family, protection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering
All the while, You hear each spoken need
Yet love is way too much to give us lesser things

'Cause what if your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

We pray for wisdom
Your voice to hear
We cry in anger when we cannot feel You near
We doubt your goodness, we doubt your love
As if every promise from Your Word is not enough
All the while, You hear each desperate plea
And long that we'd have faith to believe

When friends betray us
When darkness seems to win
We know that pain reminds this heart
That this is not our home

What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can't satisfy
What if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are your mercies in disguise

Written by Liz Story • Copyright © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc, Universal Music Publishing Group
Pastor Bryan Hamilton www.AllPeoplesChurch.weebly.com 
School starts this week. 
5 people were baptized last Sunday on the shores of Falcon Lake. Thank you for being so exuberant 
Hymn 352 Blessed Be the Name
80 year old Johnny Sawatsky and grandson singing with Michelle: keep me safe till the storm passes by.
What a beautiful name it is! 
Pastor Bryan
"Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me.  Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.  Don't you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words I speak are not my own, but my Father who lives in me does his work through me.  Just believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Or at least believe because of the work you have seen me do.
John 14:1‭, ‬6‭-‬6‭, ‬10‭-‬11 NLT
Jesus said I AM THE WAY. That's emphatic and exclusive. This is the most controversial statement of Jesus. If this is true that changes everything. NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH JESUS. 
I AM is the Centre of the gospel and becomes non negotiable. Truth is Truth no matter what. Not consensus. If a religion is false you can make it compatible with another religion. 
Inter path dialogue is the fashionable discussion. Invent your own truth and follow it while you dialogue and take a different route to get to the top. Be sincere to your own truth. If Jesus is to be believed there is only one truth. You will be sincerely wrong if you believe anything else. 
The Foundation of the Gospel is this exclusive claim in 3 parts. Way. Truth. Life. 
Way means origin and destination. Jesus's journey is to the FATHER. Reconciliation is the key. 
What makes heaven so special is to be in the presence of God forever. Not just fire insurance. A relationship not a destination. God has brought us to himself. 
Heaven is not the reason for becoming a Christian. God brought us to himself. 
Truth. Anyone who had seen Jesus has seen the Father. 4 times Genesis says we are in the image of God. Jesus is God in action. 
Life. To live in truth we need Jesus's life. Adam and Eve lost their spiritual life. We need to be equipped to be Jesus's life in the world. 
If we live in relationship with Him we will have Life and Truth to walk in the Way. Born again with power. 
Michelle:

I'm so confused
I know I heard you loud and clear
So, I followed through
Somehow I ended up here
I don't wanna think
I may never understand
That my broken heart is a part of your plan
When I try to pray
All I've got is hurt and these four words

Thy will be done

I'm so confused. My broken heart is part of your plan. Thy will be done

No comments:

Post a Comment