Sunday, October 08, 2017

Love one another. Avoid apathy

Song: Jesus Messiah Lord of all
You're a Good Good Father that's who you are
Delbert Enns pastor www.EasTview.org

We are here for a purpose. Apathy is a serious distraction in following Jesus. We are not told to be good parents. He asks to follow. 
Jesus said to them, "Come, follow me! I will teach you how to catch people instead of fish."
Matthew 4:19 GW

Do likewise. Share the love. Not just to be good. "I'm giving you a new commandment: Love each other in the same way that I have loved you.
John 13:34 GW
I struggle to love people all the time even when I am disappointed in people. That decision has to be made every day. 
When I go to the loveseat I need to be replenished with love. 
Apathy. What happens when there is a cranky kid?
 Feelings? Sympathy. Diplomatic. Factual. Apathetic. Other. 
How do people react to adversity?
Most people are indifferent. Why? Laugh. AFV makes us laugh when others hurt. We are apathetic. 
We can't feel the pain. 
Don't be lazy in showing your devotion. Use your energy to serve the Lord.
Romans 12:11 GW
Don't be lazy in enthusiasm. Whose job is it to care? 
I know what you have done, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were cold or hot. But since you are lukewarm and not hot or cold, I'm going to spit you out of my mouth.
Revelation 3:15‭-‬16 GW
That church had become apathetic. That makes God sick to his stomach. God is a loving Father and he won't do that. He is self giving. Self sacrificing. Personally focused. Ferociously in love with you and me. 
The Israelites had to choose their best lamb. 
"You say, 'Oh what a nuisance it is,' and you sniff at it in disgust," says the Lord of Armies. "You bring stolen, lame, and sick animals. When you bring such offerings, should I accept them from you?" asks the Lord . "Cheaters are under a curse. They have male animals in their flocks that they vow to give ⌊as a sacrifice⌋. But they sacrifice second-rate ones to the Lord instead. I am a great king," says the Lord of Armies. "Among the nations my name is respected.
Malachi 1:13‭-‬14 GW
God is holy. He is not impressed with second rate commitment. He has promised us peace. We are invited to love Him. 
Do we give only left overs to our kids? Or are we apathetic? 
Apathy makes God sick. 
Give your best. 
Jude Dear friends, use your most holy faith to grow. Pray with the Holy Spirit's help. Remain in God's love as you look for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to give you eternal life.
Jude 1:20‭-‬21 GW
Nurture your faith. 
Apathy says it doesn't matter whether I come to church or get baptised. 
I have fought the good fight. I have completed the race. I have kept the faith.
2 Timothy 4:7 GW
It's time to give up slothful apathy. 
10,000 Reasons why I should do my best. Be done with apathy. Fall in love with Jesus. Bless the Lord O my soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment