Sunday, October 01, 2017

Love One Another through Confusion

Adelia Wiebe saw a vision of perfect art made from shards of glass. 
Delbert Enns www.EasTview.org 
It is not fun to be confused. 
What does that mean for you? Fear of losing control or emotion of anger.
How is your relationship going? OK? Confused? Not in control. 
We trust our feelings too much. So many voices. 
I want Clarity. Give my head a shake. I'm Confused. 
What are your standards? Are you a Christ follower? 
26 years ago 150 people decided that they wanted to be "Leading people to Christ and on to maturity in Him". If you don't understand that go to another church.

The 5 Gs
Clarity
1. Grace - not just to be a good person to climb the ladder to God. What if I can't make it all the way to the top? Confusion. We have a God came down to us. That's Grace. That's hard to accept but we have accept it. So we can't boast. Is this clear to you? 
My 10 year old sister asked us whether we had the certainty of God's forgiveness? I prayed that night to accept Jesus.
When you do that you become more gratuitous. 
2. Growth. Walk in forgiveness. If you don't you'll miss out on the good things. I'm a doer and I want to climb the ladder by nature. I have to depend on the Holy Spirit. I had a recent God experience. I'm not a slave to God. I'm his son and He loves me. 
Our Tuesday night concert of prayer. 
3. Groups. Growing in community. Even with the ones we don't like in a church that needs fixing. Living in harmony and unity. The disciples were devoted to the teachings of the apostles, to fellowship, to the breaking of bread, and to prayer.
Acts 2:42 GW
We are the church as a group of people. Know and be known. Love. Serve. 
Everyone needs to belong to s small group. 
4. Gifts. Become part of the story. God in his kindness gave each of us different gifts. If your gift is speaking what God has revealed, make sure what you say agrees with the Christian faith. If your gift is serving, then devote yourself to serving. If it is teaching, devote yourself to teaching. If it is encouraging others, devote yourself to giving encouragement. If it is sharing, be generous. If it is leadership, lead enthusiastically. If it is helping people in need, help them cheerfully.
Romans 12:6‭-‬8 GW
Do you know God's gift to you? If not, talk to me. 80 people came out to a parents' lunch.
5. Good Stewardship. Zachaus needed reconciliation.  
All I have comes from God. Joyfully. Give. 

Have you accepted God's grace? Life Group? Are you using your Gifts? Give Joyfully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment