Saturday, August 13, 2011

Funeral for Rachel

Dietrich Bonhofer wrote:
Nothing can make up for the absence of someone we love. It would be wrong to try to find a substitute. For the gap as long as it remains unfulfilled preserves the bond between us It is nonsense to say God fills the gap. The dearer and richer our memories, the more difficult the separation

Tribute from her family.
Ethan: I made her laugh. Abigail: I made her laugh.

Kendra: Rachel was such a happy child. She had a special bond with her siblings
She loved to play with her mommy. She'd lie on my lap and stick her feet in my mouth and laugh when I bit her. I will miss her. She loved to hear Jesus loves me. She is now with Jesus.
Rachel you were loved just because you were mine. I honor you for all your life has been.

David: Thank you to all the friends that have carried us. I am honored to be Rachel's daddy. Wish we could be tired again. But we are saying goodbye. We have a vibrant hope. We know we will see our daughter again. Thank you for coming.

Pastor Corey Herlevsen: Each of us is made in the image of God and bears his staggering dignity.

Rachel's smile was bright - an echo of the joy of creation. She reminds us that life is precious. It has changed us all. We are living. More authentic. Forgive more honestly. The impact goes on and on.

No comments:

Post a Comment