Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Spirit Factor: Uncontrollable Joy

www.Eastview.org
Choir Songs
My heart shall rejoice Lord Jesus there is room in my heart for thee
Do you see what I see? a star? Do you hear what I hear? A song high above the clouds with a voice as big as the sea. A child shivers in the cold, let us bring him silver and gold. He will bring as goodness and light.
Angels from the realms of glory Come and worship Christ the new born king
I bring an offering of worship to my king The sun cannot compare to your glory
All praise and thanks to God (with beautiful musical accompaniment)

Pastor Del:
Thy will be done on earth as in heaven. What would it look like if we actually lived God's will? It's not easy
I am pulled in so many directions. Why? It will make me happy?
Let's get plugged into the Holy Spirit
The Spirit factor: Uncontrollable Joy
When I'm not plugged in everything will fail to bring real joy.
I love water skiing. Tried to ski on one ski and it did not work until someone said put the prop deeper. They needed more power.
A row boat will not work.
Hooked up - to the source of power. That makes all the difference.
But I need to be thirsty for the Living water that only Jesus can give us.
Acts 1:8 You will receive power. When? When I'm done with my own (row boat) power
When we are hooked up to God's power we can have that inexpressible joy.
You will walk through dark tunnels. You will get angry. Why does that baby have to cry for 13 hours in the plane to Thailand? Why do I get angry?
While we feel the tension the Holy Spirit is hovering right there. There is a river that flows. Are you planted near the river? The HS wants to flow through you to others.
the HS may be prompting us but we ignore it. Because we had too many bad habits etc.
Plugged in leads to follow him.
Isaiah - bring good news to the poor. Survey of 100 year old people said they would have liked to risk more and do more things that would have eternal benefits.
Lighthouse ministry in Thailand attracts Burmese refugees. Maw is one of those who got baptized 2 weeks ago. She felt Jesus' kiss on her forehead and was overjoyed at the forgiveness she received.
God wants us each to be a river of blessing to others.

Dec 24 offering to church in Tyndale, Forward House Van, and Thailand church.

No comments:

Post a Comment