Sunday, February 03, 2019

John - Truth

found;
He is my light, my strength, my song;
This cornerstone, this solid ground,
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My comforter, my all in all—

Delbert Enns www.EasTview.org 
Democracy depends on truth.  Knowledge. 
Is our ability to know truth. Truth is drifting because everyone has their own truth. Everything is relative. Is that a true $20 bill? 
Truth needs authority. Relative truth is my own experience. 
Fake news is becoming truth. We have become a cynical society. We don't trust anyone.
Is there such as stealing? I'm just borrowing it without asking. 
Jesus said I am the Way. That was a revolting statement in Greek world view. 
Are we truth tellers when we believe that? Live truth in a cynical world. 

Pilate then took Yeshua and had him flogged. The soldiers twisted thorn-branches into a crown and placed it on his head, put a purple robe on him, and went up to him, saying over and over, "Hail, 'king of the Jews'!" and hitting him in the face. Yeshua answered, "You would have no power over me if it hadn't been given to you from above; this is why the one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin." On hearing this, Pilate tried to find a way to set him free; but the Judeans shouted, "If you set this man free, it means you're not a 'Friend of the Emperor'! Everyone who claims to be a king is opposing the Emperor!" Then Pilate handed Yeshua over to them to have him put to death on the stake. So they took charge of Yeshua.
Yochanan (Jhn) 19:1‭-‬3‭, ‬11‭-‬12‭, ‬16 CJB

How does truth become compromised? The Jews invented sub laws. Pilate had power because Cesar gave it to him. 

The Word became a human being and lived with us, and we saw his Sh'khinah , the Sh'khinah of the Father's only Son, full of grace and truth.
Yochanan (Jhn) 1:14 CJB

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door but climbs in by another way, that man is a thief and a robber.  I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture.  I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.  For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again.  My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.  I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.  I and the Father are one."
John 10:1‭, ‬9‭-‬9‭, ‬11‭, ‬17‭-‬17‭, ‬27‭-‬28‭, ‬30 ESV

THE GOOD SHEPHERD knows His sheep. Willing to lay down his life. He knows the TRUTH. 
1. We're called to believe in the crucifixion and resurrection. Read Lee Strobel's book The Case For Christ
2. Believe in miracles
3. Pray for grace and truth in your life. Live with faith. Read the Book. 
Know how to articulate your faith. 
4. Let the generous love of God flow through you.
Ask God to take over 
Look at Jesus. He's the only non counterfeit. Genuine Truth. 


No comments:

Post a Comment