Sunday, February 03, 2019

Who are the people in your neighborhood?

Rev. Dr. Lennett Anderson
​(
EBC, The MEETing Place)

And David said, "Is there still anyone left of the house of Saul, that I may show him kindness for Jonathan's sake?" And Mephibosheth the son of Jonathan, son of Saul, came to David and fell on his face and paid homage. And David said, "Mephibosheth!" And he answered, "Behold, I am your servant." And David said to him, "Do not fear, for I will show you kindness for the sake of your father Jonathan, and I will restore to you all the land of Saul your father, and you shall eat at my table always."
2 Samuel 9:1‭, ‬6‭-‬7 ESV

Who's missing? Why am I here? God must a reason for leaving us here? 

Jesus leaves us with departing  instructions.
He did not call us to feel good. Go MAKE DISCIPLES. Walk with people. We can do a lot of stuff and miss out on Jesus's command to us. 

Give me eyes to see. Who do you not see? Locally. Who are the people in your neighborhood? The people that you meet when you walking down the street! 
Who's missing from the party? A 40 year celebration. Father was missing. A tissue for my issue of tears. 
Daddy invested in me. Showed kindness. That's still the kindness sunshine in our world.
Our DNA must be kindness. The Samaritan showed kindness. Local missionaries need a heart beat. 
David heard Jonathan's last instruction. He kept his promise. Became a man after God's own heart. 
We should not forget where we come from. Jesus's promise is still alive. GO. LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE LOCALLY. Charity begins at..... David looked for an opportunity. Give me an eye to see the people on the street. 
My identity does not depend on someone's inability to see. He was broken as a child and still broken as a man. 
God does not change depending on your location. That's not your final destination.
God needs to do something on the inside so people will see the change on the outside. 
In the king's eyes we are valuable. 
Jesus loves me this I know for the Bible tells me so. Shut up! It's simple. Your condition is not your conclusion. 
My condition is not my conclusion. 

Amazing Grace how sweet the sound. When you come to the table of the Lord your condition is behind you. 

Is there someone to bring to the party? 

The people that you meet when you walking down the street!

#missionfestmanitoba

No comments:

Post a Comment