Saturday, August 03, 2019

There is no such thing as incompatible

There is no such thing as incompatible. It's a term made up by the divorce attorneys. We're all different. No one is going to be completely compatible with you. Because no one is exactly like you. You can get along with anyone you choose to get along with. You can choose to love anybody you choose to love.

Here are the two words you need for your marriage to be a success: "Grow up!" It's immaturity that causes a marriage to die.

Inflexibility is the problem. The first cause of conflict is self-centeredness.

The greater your differences in marriage the greater your potential for growth. The primary purpose of marriage is not to make you happy but to make you holy. It's not a matter of compatibility but am I willing to grow up and learn.

It's always more rewarding to resolve a conflict than to dissolve a relationship.

Our nature is to be self-centered. You're always thinking about you. Not about me. It's my nature to be stubborn. If I want a good relationship I need to think less about me and more about you. 

The second cause of conflict is pride. With pride I get my feelings hurt easily. Humble people don't get their feelings hurt. Pride only leads to arguments. Proverbs 13:10 Too much pride causes trouble. Be sensible and take advice.

Proverbs 13:10 CEV

https://bible.com/bible/392/pro.13.10.CEV

That's the first verse to memorize on your honeymoon.

Here's a secret sentence that will break a log jam in any conflict "I'm sorry I was only thinking of myself."

Memorize that and get over your conflict.

https://www.oneplace.com/ministries/daily-hope/listen/how-to-reconcile-a-relationship-part-two-765482.html?ref=sm #biblestudytools #bst #bible

No comments:

Post a Comment