Sunday, July 28, 2019

Willowdale Fellowship

Dave Falkwa guest minister at 

The trumpet players and singers made music together as if they were only one voice. They praised the Lord. They gave thanks to him. Some of them played their trumpets, cymbals and other instruments. The others raised their voices to praise the Lord. They sang, "He is good. His faithful love continues forever." Then a cloud filled the temple of the Lord.  The priests couldn't do their work because of it. The glory of the Lord filled God's temple.
2 Chronicles 5:13‭-‬14 NIRV

Psalms are worship songs with specific details and requests

Is God's will inline with ours? 
He cares about us. 
We tend to rush rush. Take it easier is better. 
Pray for Ben. Lady Jean with COPD has only a short time to live. Funeral of Christian lady was very healing. True healing is spiritual. 
Arthur's mom's brother died. Arthur's doing well. Working full time. Doesn't know what he wants to be. 
SIL has fibromyalgia 

Dave
You created the deepest parts of my being. You put me together inside my mother's body.  How you made me is amazing and wonderful. I praise you for that. What you have done is wonderful. I know that very well.  None of my bones was hidden from you when you made me inside my mother's body. That place was as dark as the deepest parts of the earth. When you were putting me together there,  your eyes saw my body even before it was formed. You planned how many days I would live. You wrote down the number of them in your book before I had lived through even one of them.  God, your thoughts about me are priceless. No one can possibly add them all up.  If I could count them, they would be more than the grains of sand. If I were to fall asleep counting and then wake up, you would still be there with me.
Psalm 139:13‭-‬18 NIRV

God's been working on this message for a long time. God wants me to say it. 
Read
"Listen! A farmer went out to plant his seed. He scattered the seed on the ground. Some fell on a path. Birds came and ate it up. Some seed fell on rocky places, where there wasn't much soil. The plants came up quickly, because the soil wasn't deep. Still other seed fell on good soil. It grew up and produced a crop 30, 60, or even 100 times more than the farmer planted."
Mark 4:3‭-‬5‭, ‬8 NIRV
4 types of results based on conditions
Then Jesus said to them, "Don't you understand this story? Then how will you understand any stories of this kind? The seed the farmer plants is God's message.
Mark 4:13‭-‬14 NIRV
Don't you understand? 

We think we are executing the seeding. 
Let's look at it the other way. We are the soil. We get locked in on the results and forget the people. Team building is tough. An employee left because I wasn't listening to him. I was the path. Lots of superficial social media posts becomes rocky soil. 
We were too busy for neighbors. They stopped going to church. The thorns destroyed the relationship. 25 life groups. We help them find a group. We sacrifice our time. 

Good soil. Conflict becomes about growing and learning. Pray. Learned about managing conflicts with each other by going to prayer. God is there. If you are fertile soil God gets the glory. His way changes us to produce fruit. No relationship is ever too complicated. 

At 47 Dave was 300 pounds now less than 200. Now taken the time to live healthy. Went on a mud race with Kara to build relationship with her. 

If you're breathing God is not done with you yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment