Sunday, September 26, 2010

Setting our GPS: Get Growing!

Come to www.EastView.org for a series of studies on the Prodigal Sons by Dr Timothy Keller. 6 Sunday nights starting soon....

Jody: I will rejoice I will declare God is my Victory and He is here.

Delbert Enns, Pastor
Eph 2:10 we are God's Masterpiece. Do you feel that way 1st thing in the morning?

Joined YMCA to get in shape. After 4 laps around the pool he was totally wiped.

Imagine God having a conversation with you trying to get you in shape and chisel away the dross. Do you want to give God the freedom to change you?

We all desire to be good. More like God. We don't want the pain of God changing us.

A young man Jesus met walked away sad because he did not want to change. We think 1 hour in church is what we need to do to be good.

Often we forget that we need community. Does God's word change us inside? Do we think we can change on our own? No. Spiritual growth at its best is done in community.

Listen now. In Community we read God's Word. To find what I need to do. No - read the Bible to find out who God is. Not what I need to do. Read the Bible. 30 day reading plan. 365 days? Do you want to know who God is?

The Cross. Baptism. There are few non negotiables. Baptism is one of them. You need to become part of the community. Intro to EastView course is coming up.

3. Regular church Attendance. Very important. Faithfulness. For 2,000 years Christians have gathered together. Faithfully with the same group of Christians. I love my church. Who remembers me? I want to commit myself to get together.

Rocks (sin) can hurt. Confession and repentance are needed so the rocks can he removed. Confess and pray to be healed.

Dear God - I'm turning everything over to you. Make me you masterpiece. I love you God

God does not make junk.

No comments:

Post a Comment