Sunday, December 29, 2019

Ask and you will receive

Vic Neufeld pastor https://nkmb.org/
I was the youngest and that was great. Got away with everything. Dad didn't allow us to ask for ice cream. 
Challenge
Jesus said to them, "When you pray, say this: 'Father: May your holy name be honored; may your Kingdom come.  Give us day by day the food we need.  Forgive us our sins, for we forgive everyone who does us wrong. And do not bring us to hard testing.'"
Luke 11:2‭-‬4 GNT
We live in a fallen world. God's will is not happening in this world. We need to ask him. 
Forgive others.

Challenge
And Jesus said to his disciples, "Suppose one of you should go to a friend's house at midnight and say, 'Friend, let me borrow three loaves of bread. A friend of mine who is on a trip has just come to my house, and I don't have any food for him!' And suppose your friend should answer from inside, 'Don't bother me! The door is already locked, and my children and I are in bed. I can't get up and give you anything.' Well, what then? I tell you that even if he will not get up and give you the bread because you are his friend, yet he will get up and give you everything you need because you are not ashamed to keep on asking. And so I say to you: Ask, and you will receive; seek, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you.
Luke 11:5‭-‬9 GNT
This would be a real problem in that world of shame based culture. 
Seek and find. 
What have you stopped praying for in 2019? Have you stopped knocking? There are 2 ditches. 
1 God will do what God will do. No. He expects our prayers and events transpire differently as a result. Our prayers make a difference. 
2. The other ditch is name it and claim it. That is wrong. We're nervous about asking too much. 
Sometimes we ask for a scorpion. I know God will answer my prayer in a way that brings glory to Him. 
As bad as you are, you know how to give good things to your children. How much more, then, will the Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"
Luke 11:13 GNT
Ask boldly with shameless audacity. Pour out your hearts over and over. The things we ask for will be ever closer to God's will. 

What have you ceased asking God for? 

No comments:

Post a Comment