Sunday, September 25, 2005

What is GCSF?


GCSF is Granulocyte Colony Stimulating Factor (Neupogen Trade name) to stimulate her bone marrow to come back as quickly as possible
It is extremely expensive about $1,000 a day - click on the title of this post for more info

Thanks for your prayers
--
Raymond Dueck

Quoting H F Goertzen :

Hello,
The unknown is so hard to live with and so hard to remain at peace with.
How I'm praying things will soon improve for Renee's blood count. What exactly are they giving her, GCSF??? The girls at work were asking and I said I wasn't quite sure what it is. I know what is does, but don't know the name. One of the girls at work her 14 year old daughter has cancer (tumor in her leg, the same as Terry Fox had). At first they were optimistic, but now they're not so sure. We had a silent auction for them this week and raised $3400 for them. That is nothing compared to all the expenses and loss of work, plus it doesn't bring back health, but is a way of saying we all care.

I wish I knew what I could do in more practical ways to show I care that you are going through a dark valley. Be be assured my thoughts and prayers are with you constantly.

Love,
Florence

No comments:

Post a Comment