Saturday, March 06, 2010

Florida Trip

Yesterday afternoon we decided to go to Florida after we found out our meeting in London ON was off. Turns out it might be on after all. Oh, well that's how it goes. I'll sign when I sign.
So far the trip has been waiting. Waiting for 2 hours in Winnipeg for the plane to arrive from MSP - then 2 hours more while they tried to fix the plane at G18. They couldn't fix it at the gate so they put us on the plane originally scheduled to go to Pheonix at 5:25. That meant they had to put the Pheonix people to another plane somewhere else. So we were 2 hours late leaving MSP and we'll be late getting to Orlando. Rent a car and drive to new Smyrna Beach where we rented a Condo right on the beach.
Tomorrow we go to church with Carlin and Marcia and lunch with them afterwards. I sure am looking forward to a few days of fellowship with them and some R&R on the beach.
We are planning to go home on Thursday and then to Ontario on Friday, if I still need to go.
Martha is reading the book ''Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of love" by Sue Johnson. My guess is that this is the best book ever written on the subject of marriage and the building of loving relationships. I highly recommend it for everyone.
I took a bunch of books along so I'll have lots to read while doing nothing.
They are showing the film "Smart Mr Fox" (something like that) on the flight. There are a few kids on board but not as many as usual. I suppose they are watching it.
I am writing this at 35,000 ft up, way above the silky clouds, with the sun painting the sky a hue of colors. I guess Renee gets a View a million times nicer than this every day. I miss her so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment